Friday, January 14, 2011

Success

The measure of success , I believe, is all in the eye of the beholder. Sure, we know and recognise people in our lives that are successful, but isn't that a matter of opinion?
I believe, and I am not being big headed about it, that in my short life of nearly 26 years, I have had a successful run, not without its heartaches, disappointment and hard work that come hand in hand with owning a business, but overall, I am pretty happy! I have a beautiful family, growing and budding business and a gorgeous man by my side to do it all with.
But, isn't it funny, that once you have a baby, the measure of a successful day, changes so dramatically!!
Gone are the days, when a successful day was working in the office (or salon in my books! ) for 15 hours a day, come home, clean the house and go to bed buggered but professionally fulfilled. All the little day to day tasks , are just that, something  that is done everyday, without question or hesitation.
However, once the little Juniors arrive, simply getting out of the Pyjamas and showering, is a mammoth task and huge achievement and we can go to bed , in the comfort that the score was Mum 1 , Baby 0 .
I must admit, I have been lucky, in the fact that I have managed a shower a day (more often then not, 2 a day) even after having kiddliwinks, but I certainly syphasise with those of you that can't manage it!!

My measure of success for this week, is having lunch. Yep, I have eaten lunch 3 out of the past 4 days and today is looking good for it too!! Yeeehhhaaa. I know , I know, how do I not have time to eat, but I have 3 kids under 2 1/2 and its just not a high priority for me, amongst feeding, changing, playing etc with my kids.
Silly I know, but as I said, a successful day is only determined by the individual and what they think is important!
I am on a weightloss mission for the year, but nothing dramatic as I am I am still feeding Lacey, and my mind can only stretch so far at the moment, but lunch can certainly only help the situation. Its been nothing fancy, just Tuna and Salad, but its a start!! Go Liz!!

I guess what I am trying to say is, take it one day at a time, I have, even when our darling little man , was waking ever 20 minutes, day and night for 3 months and vomiting EVERYWHERE, not being able to "sleep when the babies sleep" when I had only got 1 hour of broken sleep for 4 months, when everyone in the house was sick with a cold and chest infection at the same time, we took it ONE DAY AT A TIME!
Things don't seem so bad when you do, there is no use complaining as everyone has it bad at some point and everyones measure of bad is different.
You are all doing a great job, and if you have managed a shower today, you are having a successful one ;)
Just remember, there are plenty of people out there worse off than you, people that have lost everything, all their possessions and worst still, their family and loved ones, so not getting a shower or living on 2-3 hours sleep a night is not all that bad in the scheme of things, don't you agree
Love and light to all those affected by the floods, both in Carnarvon and Queensland and Nothern New SouthWales.....

Image
                               

1 comment:

  1. Thats lovely Liz :) Blessed is another word I would use, its overwhelming sometimes hey :)
    Especially since seeing these awful floods....I realise how blessed our family is just to have somewhere to live! A big thank you to my heavenly father for his protection & blessing in our lives.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x