Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Simplicity Cake

I like to bake. Alot. And my kids and husband like to eat what I bake.  Alot
Favourites around my home are Choc Chip cookies, cupcakes and the good old chocolate cake.

We were lucky enough, when we got married, to receive a hand written Recipe book from my sister , with alot of the recipes to meals and sweets that I have been eating since I was a child.
One of the recipes is this 'Simplicity Cake'
Called Simplicity cake because it is just that, a very simple and easy cake to make, but when this cake pictured, was baked and tasted, my husband assured me it was the best cake he had eaten. Hmmm I think he liked it!!

So you may have lots of cake recipes, especially chocolate cake ones, but for a really nice, simple recipe, try this.


Simplicity Cake



Ingredients
1 cup SR Flour
1 cup Sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tpn Vanilla essence
2 tbsp drinking chocolate
 ( can use cocoa but drinking chocolate gives a MUCH better flavour!)
3 tbsp butter

Method
Melt the butter and mix into the other ingredients.
Beath for 3 mins (I use my Mixer and tend to beat until the mixture turns a lighter colourand fluffy)
Pour into a well greased and lined 20cm cake pan and bake for 25-35mins or until cooked through
Ice with buttercream icing ( butter, icing sugar and dash milk)

For variety, try omitting the drinking chocolate and adding grated orange rind for a noice moist orange cake etc.

It doesn't look the best, but oh was it yummy!! I was trying to take a photo while Max screamed for cake!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Liz!! I'm going to bake this over the weekend
    Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x