Friday, October 26, 2012

A Halloween House

After loading some photos onto Instagram of our Spooky Halloween buffet display, I was asked by a number of people where I sourced all our little decos from.
Truth be told, I like to collect things over time. Pick up a bit from here, a nifty thing from there and pop it into the relevant box in the Garage , so that when the times comes, voila... super cool decorations.

I know that Halloween isn't an Australian tradition, but I do love it. And any excuse to do a seasonal display! Am I right?! However , since our darling Angus was born , on the 31st October last year, it has taken some of the shine off Halloween.
 I know in years to come he will be thrilled to bits to have a Halloween themed 18th or his mates over to scare the hell out of the Trick or Treaters that visit but for now, it seems bizarre while he is so little.
Needless to say I didn't really get into the Halloween spirit until just the other day (plus we are having home opens and it may scare off potential buyers but what the hell! You can't stop your life , right?!)
And now that it is all up, I am LOVING it! And so are the kids and visitors to our home.

This years display ;



The treat baskets are sitting on the end of the buffet. (Black ones were Spotlight from last year and the large Pumpkin I picked up at Big W when I was in Perth a few weeks ago)

Fake Cobwebs over the mirror and buffet (from Crazy Clarkes or most discount shops)


A few framed printables (links in last years Halloween post , link to that is down the bottom) , some plastic pumpkins (Red Dot) and some cute little paper mache baskets (Pottery Barn on clearance from last year )

I also used an old Ikea wire tree to hang some gorgeous Pottery Barn baskets.


Another little something small that I bought in Perth on my girls trip a few weeks ago , are these window decals. Can you spy them on the french door ? (up and out of little fingers reach)


The pack of 6 was just $1 at Big W and I so wish I had of bought more, they are so cute!


We have had our 2 Halloween books on permanent rotation for reading each night. They seem to be hard to come by in Australia but we do have this cute and rhyming Golden book .


And I found this adorable pop up book at Big W ( I think it was around $8) while I was in the big smoke.


The pop up pages are so gorgeous and the little story is cute too, not at all scary for kids!


Do you get into Halloween?
Our kids are loving it , it mixes up life a bit and because we live in a new estate, Trick or Treaters are quite common and its becoming more popular. I will share some easy and quick crafts that we have done over the next few days too!
So why not get in the spooky spirit too?!

To see our Halloween posts from last year (can't believe how little our kiddos were!) HERE and HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x