Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Kindy teachers gifts


This is our first year of having a teacher/s to give thankyou presents to. I have trawled the net, stumbled across so many  fab ideas on Pinterest and thought of some cool ones myself over the past few years but then when it came to the organising, time slipped away from me.

After seeing boxes and boxes of chocolates and the like being bought to school and presented to the teachers, I knew I wanted to do something a little different . (No offense to chocolate or the present bearers but sometimes one can only have so much choccie!)
I happened to find some Christmas material in one of my Christmas storage tubs (and I made the Christmas cushion) and also a few cane hearts (bought from Spotlight) that I had intended on creating something for Valentines Day and it didn't eventuate.
Ideas ticked over to make something original and unique for Stella's 3 gorgeous teachers and after seeing THIS POST from the gorgeous Jess at My Heart, Your Home , I thought it would be a lovely gift and keepsake for the teachers.



It was as easy as cutting the material into strips then into pieces to your required length then tying them around the cane heart, I wanted a more random look and so I tied them and left the ends out in different directions.

Finished with a ribbon to hang them with and they were done!



I made the 3 , all with a different colour combination and am now tempted to make one for myself !

We also made the cards for the teachers, and personalised them with a cute thumb print reindeer on the front. Simple and oh so cute!
Inside the card , I wrote the saying "It takes a big heart to shape small minds" and Stella wrote the other parts (again, good writing and copying practice)



The presents were well received and appreciated and now Stella's gorgeous teachers have something to remember her , and the year by.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh they're gorgeous Liz! It is so hard to do something original and a little current from everyone else and you've achieved that. And it is something they'll keep forever, how very sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr auto correct! A little different not current :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Liz!! Well done. I love the heart shape too, the teachers will adore these.

    Thank you for the link to my post also xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of these hanging on my front door :) Lovely idea I'm sure they will love.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x