Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Something's Gotta Give

I have been absent here of late.
I know I have had people wondering about my whereabouts.
I've had emails and messages to show that you care. And that you miss me.
Which in itself is quite overwhelming, and I feel so touched.

I have said it once, and I'll say it a hundred more times. But I have been busy.
Busy doing not much really.
Noooo , my days have been full, nights too! But when I think back to the past few weeks/ months. I don't feel a sense of achievement.
The kind I like to feel when I have been too busy to do the things I love, like blogging.

But if I am totally honest with you, which I always try to be (much to my detriment) , something just had to give in the past few weeks. And unfortunately it was this. Here. My happy place.

I have had the thumb slicing debacle, but you will be pleased to know ( or perhaps its just me) that everything healed super well. Took its merry time and is still very numb but the sensation may never come back.

I have also had an awful tooth ache for a few weeks (terribly neglectful of me I know, but I have been pregnant or breastfeeding for a few years now and never have anyone through the day to have all the kids) and ended up getting the culprit removed last Monday. Something I don't want to experience again in a hurry!!

I have been playing netball and basketball and just last week played in 2 prelim finals , winning one , losing the other so off to the Grandy for basketball this Friday!!

I have been trying to plan and organise rooms in our home. Getting quotes for new flooring. Researching and trying to find a suitable size desk for me to use for blogging/crafting/Project Life-ing for our room.

I have had a little princess that has not wanted to go to school. For the first time ever. Full time school is very hard to adjust to but things seem to be improving on the tears - in - the - morning front.

I have had a whiny , teething toddler and 2 nearly 3 year olds all competing for my attention and it has tested my patience and wing span!

I have celebrated a birthday, if you can call it that. I am now have 28 of the suckers under my belt!! argh

I have been working a fair bit, and even helped out my old apprentice to conduct and complete a hair show.

And last but not least.. I have been me. Liz. Mother, wife, chef, housekeeper and Master of all things Household. This gig of being a Mum, is not for the feint hearted!!

So , the crux of the story , if you are feeling a little snowed under. You are not alone.
If you feel like you are running around and getting nowhere fast. You are not alone.
If you look around your house and wonder what the hell happened?! You are not alone.
It seems we are all in this together.
And some days, even the things that you love most may need to be put on the back burner.
But that doesn't make you a failure, or a bad person, or mean you aren't coping!!
Just human
Sometimes somethings gotta give!!
But never fear, even when I don't have time or energy to write ,it doesn't mean my mind switches off. Perhaps that's my problem. I have a list of posts a mile long I want to write!!
I'll be back!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Thanks for such an honest insight into what motherhood looks like. I only have one (and 3/4) and I seriously don't know how you do such a wonderful job with 4! Blows me away. Love to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post Liz, inspiring me to get back onto my blog. Lately I feel like the computer is just for uni work and I have to find the balance between work & pleasure! x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x