Monday, December 2, 2013

No waste where there's pigs!!


One of my pet peeves with having little kids, is the way they waste perfectly good food. They say they are hungry and want an apple, and then it ends up like above. A perfectly good apple wasted!! 
Don't they know there are starving people in Africa?! Hell, in Australia! 

I do usually cut up apples for them, but occasionally I am lazy or they want it whole, and most of the time they do do an alright job. However not this day!

So as my beautiful Grandma used to say "No waste where there's pigs" , I hopped on the Thermomix Forum, searched apple and decided to put the good apples to use. 

I just cut off all the pre munched pieces and between 3 apples I had enough for a yummy apple loaf!/bread!


This recipe was moist, delicious and was actually meant to have a cinnamon topping , however I just sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on top and it was yummy!! I also didn't have any buttermilk, so I just used normal milk and it was fine too! 

You can find it on the Thermomix forum HERE, and for non TM owners, I think using a mixer and just grating the apple would work the same. 

The moral of the story, don't let the perfectly good fruit and veg go to waste, recreate it into something yummy!! And guess what?! The kid loved this, even if they didn't eat the apple in the first place !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x